Vegan / Vegetarian | Refined sugar free, gluten free, yeast free, dairy free.
Ingredients for 2:
- Pumpkin 400 gr
- Rice (Brown) 160 gr
- Fresh vegetables broth (2 potatoes, 2 carrots, 2 celery stalks, 1 onion, parsley and 4lt water)
- Olive Oil EVO 2 tbsp
- Parmesan cheese 2 tbsp
- Margarine 1 tsp
- Pumpkin seeds 1 handful
- Walnuts 1 handful
- Garlic 1 clove
- Onion ¼
- Parsley to taste
- Start preparing the fresh vegetables broth. Place a pot full of water on the stove. Peel and chop the vegetables and put them in the pot. Let it boil for 40 minutes and after filter the broth.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick pan. Wash and smash onion and garlic and put them in the pan. Add the pumpkin and parsley and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rice in the pan. Stir.
- After a few minutes start adding the broth.
- Lower the flame and add a ladleful of broth, stir allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next.
- Keep adding ladlefuls of broth until the rice is cooked and creamy.
- Add a tsp of margarine or a spoon of olive oil and 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese (optional), stir well and let it sit.
The Two Martinas suggest:
If you are a wine lover you can eat this amazing fall friendly risotto while drinking a good glass of red wine.