- Lie down on the mat, make sure your entire spine is in contact with the floor. Make sure you are grounded, and that your hips are flat.
- Fold your knees and extend your arm, besides your body with palms facing down.
- Let the flyer to place the feet on his/her hips, where it feels good to him/her, but around the area of the Iliac crest (as shown in the picture).
- Stand nice and tall and open yuor feet hips width apart and put them in contact with the finger tips of the base (as shown in the picture).
- Place the feet of the base on your iliac crests, where it feels good to you
WARM UP/ PARTENER CALIBRATION
- Bend your knees and bring them to the chest. Imagine you are doing a leg press and the flyer is your weight. Keep your flyer safe
- Engage your core and stay as straight as you can and let the base move your body. Trust your base.
BOTH: trust each other and try to communicate trhrough your bodies. Be safe.
FLY / MOUNT
- Feet pointing upward placed on the flyer’s hip bones (arch of the feet over them), knees over hips.
- Look up, chest open.
- Extend the arms in front of you, but don’t reach for your partner. Don’t bend over and keep your gaze up. Inhale and lean forward.
- Keep your body strong and straight. Activate not only your core, but you legs as well.
- Extend your arms, hands in line with shoulders.
- As you inhale, bend your knees and receive the weight of your partner
- Hands to hands (Fingers of the base facing out, fingers of the flyer facing forward). (as shown in the picture)
- When your knees are totally bent, and you have the flyer’s weight, exhale and press your feet up and pick the flyer up.
BOTH: press into each other hands, keep your arms in line with shoulders and straight.
IF YOU WANT TO MOVE TO FREE BIRD
- Give more toes to the flyer (not too much)
- Open your chest and lift up
- Gradually leave the base hands
- Reach your arms back (if you don’t feel safe you can grab your base ankles).
- Keep your hands up, ready to spot your flyer.
- If both of you feel completely safe, bring your arms to the floor
COME OUT OF THE POSE/ DISMOUNT
- Hands to hands
- Bend knees and bring them to chest, set the flyer’s feet down and assist him/her up with feet.