Vegan | Refined sugar free, gluten free, yeast free, dairy free.
Ingredients for 15/16 balls:
- Dates Medjoul 100gr
- Blanched almonds* 80gr
- Walnuts* 70gr
- Coconut oil 1 tbsp
- Cocoa powder 1/2 tbsp
*You can also use other kinds of nuts.
- Put dates to soak in water for about 30 minutes.
- Mix nuts in a blender/ food processor.
- Add dates and keep blending for a couple of minutes (time depends on your blender/ food processor).
- Take the dough from the blender and roll into balls.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds on top.
- Let the energy balls chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour before serving.
- Enjoy it!
The Two Martinas’ suggest:
These energy balls are a quick and healthy treat, but remember they are rich in (good) fats and they are quite caloric. Our tip is to have two energy balls as a pre workout :).
If you are a fan of supplements you can add a tablespoon of protein powder in the recipe .