Vegeterian | Refined sugar free, dairy free.
It’s Christmas! and we all know this is the time of the year we all love to binge a bit more on food and treats! And that’s ok! We don’t diet on Christmas! But we have a little trick for you all: if you want to enjoy the Christmas flavours and the typical holidays’ food you can also turn them into healthier variations! Here we give you our “revisited” recipe of gingerbread. They taste delicious and they look so cute!!! If you have someone special, bake them some “made with love and care” cookies! Wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year <3
Ingredients for around 50 small cookies:
- Oat flour 100g
- Wholesome flour 250g
- Honey or other healthy sweetener 80g
- Coconut oil 100g
- Baking powder 7g
- Eggs 2
- Cinnamon powder 5g
- Ginger powder 5g
- Cloves ½ tsp (crushed)
- Nutmeg powder ⅓ tsp
- Oat milk 2 tbsp
- Combine the oat flour with the whole flour (only 300g)
- Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and baking powder. Mix well
- In the middle add the eggs, honey, coconut oil. Mix well and add the oat milk as needed.
- Keep kneads the dough until you have a slightly sticky ball (if you need add the other 50g of flour)
- Make it rest in the fridge for 30/45 mins.
- Lay down the dough and make a layer of about 1 or 2 cm.
- Use one or more stamps to make the shapes
- Bake for 15 mins at 180°
- Have fun with your favourite decorations. We used melted extra dark chocolate, and the result was heavenly good 😀
The Two Martinas suggest:
Bake this cute cookies and invite your friends over for a Christmasy afternoon tea and enjoy them with some warm chai tea (recipe) or with one of the delicios organic tea from myprotein.
For our recipe we used all flours, coconut oil from the organic line of myprotein (you can find it here).